Table of Contents
Lesson 1: Creating Your own Mask
Follow these steps exactly, and you will create your first mask:
- Load PhotoELF's Editor
- Look in the Fun Stuff menu and select: Create New Image (blank)
- Select a size of 800 x 600 pixels (or any size you want) and a black background color. Then click OK
You now should be looking at a black rectangle
- Look in the View menu and select: Shapes and Text
- Using the shape tools, draw a big white circle on the black image.
You should now be looking at something like this:
- Finally, look in the File menu and select: Save as a Mask
- A box will appear. Give the mask a name and click OK
- Note: When you save a mask this way, it will appear in the mask catagory: 00 My Masks
- Congratulations. You just created your first mask.
Now, lets test your mask:
- Close the Editor
- Select a photo and display it in PhotoELF's Main program
- Load the photo into the Editor
- Click the Mask button on the Editor's toolbar
You should now be looking at the Mask Window:
- Drop down the category box (at the top, middle of the mask window) and select:
00 My Masks
- The mask selection window, on the right-hand side, will now show the masks you have created.
- Click that mask thumbnail. Give it a color and click Apply and Exit
- All Done.
What you have learned:
So black is the mask and white is transparent.
- Wherever the mask was black, it is now the color you selected in the mask window.
- Wherever the mask was white, it remains your photo.
Next Lesson: Lesson 2: Creating your own mask 2