Table of Contents
Trouble Shooting Printer Problems
( see memory requirements )
PhotoELF works with ALL printers.
If your problem revolves around Print Quality then read the
Help topic: Get Photo Quality Results. Having the
latest printer drivers installed can also affect print quality. Read this page to learn how to update
your printer drivers.
Read the following problem list:
The problems listed above have been reported to us many times and in every
situation, we were able to solve the problem by doing one or more of the following:
- Computer hangs when you click: Printer Setup
- Computer hangs when you click: Send Page to Printer
- Print Job does not fit on page when printed
- Printing is extremely slow
For an updated trouble shooting list, please visit:
- Make sure your C: Drive has at least 500 Megabytes of free disk space
(Your Printer creates large, temporary, printer spool files when printing photos)
- Uninstall and then re-install your printer and its software drivers
- Download and install updated drivers from your printer's website (see below).
Bad printer drivers are the number one problem!
Download your printer's drivers and install them today.
- Even if you purchased your printer yesterday,
your printer probably sat in a warehouse for a year or two.
- PhotoELF requires the latest printer drivers to work correctly.
- Even if other software prints fine, PhotoELF is special.
- Printer drivers have bugs too and are updated often by the manufacturer
- Printer Driver Download Links:
When you get to your printer's website, look for "Drivers and Downloads".