Table of Contents
Batch JPG Compress
Also See: JPG Compress
PhotoELF will allow you to compress any photo format into JPEG - JPG image files at any compression level you wish.
This reduces the file size. You can test the results before saving them and view how it will look and
what the file size will be. (Note: There is a trade-off between file size and image quality).
This feature is great for websites, webmasters, e-mailing photos or fitting more pictures onto a CD-ROM.
From PhotoELF's main window, you simply Multi-select all of the thumbnails or
filenames of the photos / pictures you
want to compress, regardless of their current format, and then look in the edit menu for:
Doing so will then load the PhotoELF JPG Compression window giving you many options:
- Batch JPG Compress
- JPG Compress
In the example above, the image file started out as a 1.4 mega byte (TIF) image (1,400 Kbytes) and was compressed
into a 38 Kbyte JPG (JPEG) photo file.
- The photo is displayed in two windows (at 100%) for a before and after look at the photo.
- You may click and drag the photo around to get a closer look at specific features.
- Click and drag the quality bar to any percantage.
- Click the Advanced button for more options:
- Choose YUV 444 - YUV 422 - YUV 411 or 24-bit or 8 bit grey scale (gray or black and white)
- When ready, click the Test button to view what the resulting file size will be.
With this photo compression window, you may choose to overwrite the original filenames or you can choose to create new images and provide a new set of names.
This compression operation will compress any of the following formats into a JPG (JPEG) image file:
BMP, CLP, CUR, EMF, FPX, ICO, IFF, JPG, JPEG, PCT, PCX, PNG, PSD, RAS, SGI, TGA, TIF, WMF
If you have mult-selected more than one photo, clicking the Save As button will then give you the
choice of overwriting or creating new files. And it will automatically load, compress and save the new photos for you.
If you have multi-selected several thousand photos, you can walk away and let it process all of them for you without your presence.
Saving Image Files